Monday, May 21, 2018

The Beginning

I love writing. I enjoy with words and molding them to make meaning out of an idea.

What intimidates me is the beginning. The staring at a blank white page, heart palpitating, synapses sparking as I ask myself where to start with my new work. Because much as I enjoy playing with words, there's nothing with which to play until words begin to fill the page.

I'm learning to take the leap of faith and just write. The first words won't be perfect. I'll likely look back on them and wonder what possessed me to write those words. But without something on the page, nothing will ever start.

And so, here I am, uncertain with where this blog, where my journey as a writer, will take me. But I trust that something will form from this small beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment